The High Sierra Titan backpack is available in two sizes – The Titan 55 frame pack and the Titan 65 backpacking bag. Both of these backpacks come with an internal frame for support.
The 55L Titan is great for beginners and for weekend outdoor hikes too. It also can be used for occasional multi-day trek.
High Sierra Titan Backpack Review
The Titan 65 backpack, has a larger capacity, and is perfect for weekend trekking.
Both are available in various colors.
The Titan 65L is available in the following colors:
- Mercury/lime, and
The Titan 55L comes in these colors:
- Brick Red
High Sierra Titan makes use of light fabrics and hardware, combined with great cutting edge stretched-mesh back design.
The backpacks also utilize some of the best technology in terms of comfort, style, and technology. That makes them suitable for beginners as well as serious outdoor enthusiast.
Features of The Titan 55L Internal Frame Backpack
- Features a sternum strap (adjustable) to stabilize the backpack.
- The rain cover is weather proof.
- The straps feature a media pocket that’s removable.
- Front-load, easy-access zipper compartment with inner divider that is adjustable.
- Top-load, 55-liter main compartment has an adjustable top lid and gusseted drawstring closure.
- The side mesh compartment can hold your water bottle.
- The adjustable lid contains an external zipper pocket with a key fob.
- The internal zippered pocket and the lid-side bungee cord holds more gear.
- The 300×250-denier Duralite mini-hexagon ripstop has a water-resistant coating.
- The unit is available in three colors:
- brick red/carmine/red line, and
Titan 65L Frame Backpack Features
- The S-shaped shoulder strap harness comes with adjustable load-lifters.
- The foam-padded, high density back panel contours the internal frame structure and the large airflow channels, your back is kept dry and cool.
- The primary compartment is a top load and comes with an adjustable top lid and gusseted drawstring closure. The front-load compartment a sleeping bag has a divider.
- The High Sierra Titan backpack 65 L Framework backpack boasts of a hinged front pocket. The mesh side gussets, can accommodate other gear like ropes.
- The sternum strap, which is adjustable, and stabilizes the backpack. The soft lashing hardware can hold an ice axe or hiking poles. The two mesh pockets can hold 1-liter water bottles.
- You’ll find the zippered pockets on the waist belt
- It comes with dual exit parts for the tube and an internal hydration reservoir sleeve. The backpack strap comes with a detachable media pocket. The side and bottom compression straps are adjustable.
- The rain cover can be located under a bottom pocket. The tuck-away rain cover protects the backpack during unexpected rain showers.
ALSO SEE: AmazonBasics Hiking Backpack REVIEW
What We Liked About the Titan 55 Backpack
Great for Beginners
The High Sierra Titan 55 frame pack is at an affordable price range too. It can handle 30 to 40 pounds.
For less than $100, this is Ideal if you’re not sure about trekking hobby or you need a durable backpack that won’t break your budget.
Suitable for 2-3 day hikes
The Titan 55 backpacking pack is awesome for a great weekend companion.
Plenty of attachment points
The Titan 55 Internal Frame backpack boasts of extra straps and loops. There are lots of entry-level backpacks that lack these storage options. Tools such as trekking poles and trekking poles can be attached to this bag securely and safely.
Suitable for men and women
This bag can be both with both men and women. It is a unisex backpack that is great for women to use too.
What We Liked About the Titan 65 Backpack
- Good quality backpack
This High Sierra Titan 65L backpack fabric is top of the game. It is lightweight, and has a good storage capacity. Durable and has loads of options for gear storage and is super durable. It is compatible with a hydration system, and comes with an attached rain cover.
- Great value for money
The value the Titan 65 backpack packs your trekking gear and hiking gear for some days beyond the weekend. For less than $100, this backpack offers great value because of its durability.
- Limited lifetime warranty
The backpack features a lifetime warranty to cover manufacturing defects.
- Functional design
This backpack is ideal as there many zipped pockets to store your stuff securely.
What We Didn’t Like
Titan 55 Internal Frame Disadvantages
- The top pocket of the backpack moves even when you try to pin it down. The way around this is to fill the top pocket to its capacity, which can be quite annoying.
- The bag pocket of this High Sierra Titan backpack cannot contain a sleeping bag. The 8”x8”x12” sleeping bag compartment can contain most sleeping bags. But, the highly insulated, thick bags that you want to take on a winter trek may not fit well inside.
- Although heavy, the backpack doesn’t have side-zippered pockets.
- If you plan to take many winter camping trips, look for another model. Yet, this bag can support gear for you spring, summer, and autumn trips. Making this bag still highly useful.
Titan 65 Frame Disadvantages
- The Titan 65 Framework backpack can be quite heavy. So, if you’re on a lengthy camping trip, you may not need to carry this bag, especially if you’re packing many gear.
- Customers who have reported some loose threads on the bag’s stitching.
- The backpack also comes with additional handles, that may just be extra weight and useless too.
- The backpack strap that goes around the waist is too long, even if you have adjusted it to its tightest notch. As a result, your backpack can stay loose.
No matter the bag-pack you choose, either the Titan 55 or the Titan 65 backpack, you can conveniently store all the gear that are important for your trip.